11th International Conference on Urban Drainage Modelling
23-26 Sep 2018 – Palermo, Italy
Authors are invited to submit first a 4-page (no more and no less in length) extended abstract which will follow the instruction provided in the Abstract Template. To be accepted for the Conference, the submissions must report work that is novel, well described, and suited to the Conference themes. Submissions must contain original data and meet international ethical standards.
Selection criteria include high technical quality, relevance to the conference themes, and significant information content. Papers for accepted abstracts must be prepared by adopting the Paper Template.
On the basis of the submitted extended abstracts, a review will be undertaken to select the best extended abstracts for oral presentation or poster presentation. All selected accepted extended abstracts will be published in the proceeding book.
For those authors, that will send the Copyright transfer available at the UDM website, accepted extended abstracts will be published in the Springer book Green Energy and Technology (indexed in Scopus).
On voluntary basis authors of accepted extended abstracts are invited to prepare a full paper which should be submitted on 1 August via easychair (EasyChair web site).
After the peer-review process, the highest quality full papers will be selected and authors will receive an invitation to submit manuscripts for publication in one of the following journals (see Special Issue details): Journal of Environmental Management, Journal of Hydrology, Urban Water Journal, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, Water Practice and Technology, Water Science and Technology, Water Science and Technology: Water Supply.
The acceptance of a full paper for conference presentation does not guarantee subsequent acceptance for journal publication, the final decision on journal publication lies with the journals’ Editor-in-Chief. Any copyright transfer will be necessary to provide for full papers.
Your full paper will need to be at least 50% different from the extended abstract.
At least one author of each selected paper must register and attend the conference to present the paper (poster or platform presentation). Multiple abstracts can be referred to one author.
We are using the “EasyChair” site to manage full paper submissions and reviews.
To sumbit your paper, please use this link to access the UDM2018 conference on the EasyChair web site.
Authors are invited to submit a 4-page (no more and no less in lenght) extended abstract which will include introduction, material and methods, results and discussion, conclusions and references. To be accepted for the Conference, the submissions must report work that is novel, well described, and suited to the Conference themes. Submissions must contain original data and meet international ethical standards. Selection criteria include high technical quality, relevance to the conference themes, and significant information content. Abstracts that are deemed commercial in nature will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted by April 10th, 2018
- Abstracts must be 4-page (no more and no less in lenght)
- Abstracts must follow the guidelines provided in the Abstract Template
- Abstracts will be accepted in English only
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee
- Authors will be notified when their abstracts are accepted
- Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author, who must resubmit immediately in the correct format in order to be considered for inclusion in the program
- Do not add page numbers
- Upload file as both word office and pdf document.
- Upload the copyright transfer for publication (optional) in the Springer book Green Energy and Technology (indexed in Scopus)
Paper Review System
- We are using the “EasyChair” site to manage full paper submissions and reviews.
- To sumbit your paper, please use this link to access the UDM2018 conference on the EasyChair web site.
Full Papers/Revised extended abstracts
The authors of accepted extended abstracts will be invited to submit a revised version of their accepted abstracts on the basis of the reviewers feedback.
- Full Papers/revised extended abstracts must be prepared following the guidelines given in the abstract/paper template
- Full Papers/revised extended abstracts must be submitted in both word office and pdf format
- Revised extended abstracts (on the basis of the reviewers feedback) are due by July 1st, 2018
- Revised extended abstracts must be no more than 5 pages and no less than 4 pages
- Final papers (on voluntary basis) are due by August 1st, 2018
- Submission of full papers is based on voluntary basis and is not subject to another review (except for basic formatting check)
- Full Papers/revised extended abstracts must be submitted uploading the file by easychair
- Full Paper lenght is 15 and 30 pages, minimum and maximum, replectively, according to UDM abstract/paper template
- Extended abstracts submitted after deadline could not be included in the conference proceedings (the Springer book Green Energy and Technology – indexed in Scopus)
- Accepted extended abstracts must be presented by one of the authors
- Each author may present one extended abstracts only
- All presenting authors and conference delegates are required to pay the conference registration fee and are responsible for making their own travel and lodging arrangements
- Accepted extended abstracts, as oral presentation, will be selected in two of the following options: Platform and flash presentation
- Platform presentation: each presentation should be a maximum of 12 minutes long allowing for 3 minutes of questions so that the total time per presentation does not exceed 15 minutes
- Flash presentation: each presentation should be a maximum of 3 minutes long with a poster
- Each poster should be 120 cm long and 80 cm wide.
- Authors should use the template for the poster downloading the file.
1 August 2017
First call for extended abstract
10 October 2017
Extended abstract submission open
20 January 2018
Second call for extended abstract
10 April 2018
20 March 2018
Deadline for the submission of extended abstract
1 June 2018
Notification of extended abstract acceptance
20 June 2018
Early bird registration ends
1 July 2018
Deadline for revised extended abstract submission
1 August 2018
Deadline for full paper submission (on voluntary basis)